When eye does not produce tears properly it result in dry eye, or when the tears are not of the correct consistency and evaporate too quickly.
In addition, inflammation of the surface of the eye may occur along with dry eye. If left untreated, this condition can lead to pain, ulcers, or scars on the cornea, and some loss of vision. However, permanent loss of vision from dry eye is uncommon.
Dry eye can make it more difficult to perform some activities, such as using a computer or reading for an extended period of time, and it can decrease tolerance for dry environments, such as the air inside an airplane.
What are the symptoms of dry eye?
Dry eye symptoms may include any of the following:
- stinging or burning of the eye;
- a sandy or gritty feeling as if something is in the eye;
- episodes of excess tears following very dry eye periods;
- a stringy discharge from the eye;
- pain and redness of the eye;
- episodes of blurred vision;
- heavy eyelids;
- inability to cry when emotionally stressed;
- uncomfortable contact lenses;
- decreased tolerance of reading, working on the computer, or any activity that requires sustained visual attention;
- eye fatigue.
Types of dry eye?
1) Aqueous tear-deficient dry eye
2) Evaporative dry eye may result from inflammation of the meibomian glands
Dry eye can be associated with:
- inflammation of the surface of the eye, the lacrimal gland, or the conjunctiva;
- any disease process that alters the components of the tears;
- an increase in the surface of the eye, as in thyroid disease when the eye protrudes forward;
- cosmetic surgery, if the eyelids are opened too widely.
Who is likely to develop dry eye?
- Dry eye can occur in any age group however Elderly people frequently experience dryness of the eyes.
- More common occurrence of dry eye is after menopause. Women who experience menopause prematurely are more likely to have eye surface damage from dry eye
- After any surgery of eye
- Long hours of computer work
- Weather conditions can also contribute to dry eye
I have mosquitoes “floating around in my eye. Should I be worried?
Spots and floaters are usually harmless but it is very important to rule out the retinal tears /holes through complete eye examination.
Can long hours of computer work affect the health of eyes?
Computer work cannot damage your eyes .It only causes strain and dryness which can be controlled easily by proper prescription glasses and small breaks/frequent blinking
Am I a suitable candidate for LASIK?
LASIK is very effective way of correcting refractive errors. Complete eye examination including recent prescription for glasses and corneal thickness is required to find the suitable candidates .
Our exquisite selection of designer frames consists of the latest designs of hundreds of sunglasses and prescription frames that are displayed in the magnificently décor and spacious optical department.
We have the most in brands Ray Ban, Fendi, Gucci, D &G, Hugo Boss. Carrera, Tom Ford, Guess, Vercase, Coach and other exclusive fashion designer pieces.
Here are some of the features of our comprehensive range:
Our range includes all indices of materials, including the ultra thin Super-High Index lenses Nd 1.74 and Nd 1.67. We also have polycarbonate and photochromic polycarbonate lenses
Eye zone offers variety of coating including Anti reflective , Anti glare, Colormatic with IQ with Anti Reflective and super-slippery oleophobic, super-hydrophobic coatings that resist fingerprint smudging. We also have a wide variety of tintable hard coats in CR-39, 1.56and 1.61 index lenses.
We have the most advance ophthalmic lens technology to provide better vision with convenience and comfort. Eye protection is on our priority list.
- Design: On prescription basis only, lenses are either single vision or multifocal and progressive.
- Material: high quality glass lenses are available however the efficient CR-39 plastics, high index polycarbonate, and hybrid materials like Trivex have much more to offer. Lenses at Eye Zone are extremely scratch-resistant, thinner, lighter in weight and safe to use. All are available according to the prescription.
- Treatment: Anti-reflective lenses are the popular choice as they offer reduced glare, see and look better. Other options include UV protection, polished edges and anti-scratch coatings.
- Tinting: A huge range of tint options is available from no tint to darker sunglass shades. Transitions tm is a recent tint option which darkens and lightens on basis of available sunlight.
We have wide range of Specialty products for prescription swimming googles, prescription sports glasses, clip on lenses.
Dry Eye Clinic: Our aim is to find you relief
At Eye Zone, we provide comprehensive diagnostic and treatment strategy to restore vision and health of your eyes. Unlike others who provide temporary solutions, we treat the root-cause of dry eye symptoms. Our dry eye treatment includes environmental assessment, supplements, diagnosis and medications, and rewetting drops. With the proper applications as diagnosed, the relief can be attained in six months.
Pre/Post Surgical Care
As your eyecare associates, we are ensuring you receive the best care possible when you have to go through surgery.
Pre-surgical assessments at Eye Zone Optometry come with the knowledge provided of your doctor. We use this knowledge to select and recommend the best surgeon for your procedure. Our Systematic post-surgical follow-up is managed to accelerate healing process with proper medication regime. We ensure eye health necessities to maximize the positive surgical outcome. We provide services in pre/post recovery of;
- Laser vision correction LASIK
- Cataract surgery
- Glaucoma surgery
- Cosmetic and medical eyelid surgery
Get the most advance developments in contact lens fitting and materials. We are committed to provide the latest contact lens technology. Our inventory is maintained with several types and designs including;
- Cosmetic color contact lenses
- Daily disposables
- Multifocal for presbyopia
- Toric for astigmatism
- New silicone hydrogel polymers resistant to dry eye symptoms
Emergency eye care is provided for loss of vision, redness, and injuries, eye infections, chemical burns, foreign bodies, abrasions, inflammations, corneal ulcers, contact lens related problems.
We also provide complete
- Diabetic eye examination
- Glaucoma screening and management
- Screening of macular degeneration